Saturday, April 27, 2013

The End of the Challenge

So - here we are, the last Saturday of April and my final post for the Blog-Post-A-Week Challenge.

The goal of this whole affair was to get more comfortable making posts. Sort of a shock-therapy thing; get rid of the panic of posting, and I could get to all the bloggy stuff I'd imagined doing back when I had the idea to do this.

When I made this blog, it was late at night in a rush of tired recklessness. I can second-guess and hesitate my way out of just about anything, and I've learned that sometimes I can give myself a push and everything will turn out all right. In this case, though, I think my hesitance was well-placed.

I may be a writer, but I'm not a blogger yet. Practice makes perfect and all, but every week it became clearer and clearer to me that I just had nothing to talk about, or if I did, no real proof that I knew what I was talking about, so it came off feeling very pompous.

Another thing I realized while working on posts was that I was neglecting other things - like getting to know other writers on Tumblr, an opportunity I should have taken advantage of the moment I found writing blogs, or just plain working on my own stories. I'm really wasting the time to use the resources I have...for not very good reason.

All in all, though, I'm glad I stuck with the challenge. It's good to know for sure now, so I can get to work on more productive, useful things without any doubt that I've given up too soon.  And hey, I got to rant about a movie, so it wasn't all bad.

If I get ideas for posts I'll give writing and posting them a shot - but for now, the weekly updates are over. Thanks for sticking with me if you did; hopefully I'll be back at this, but better, soon enough.







No comments:

Post a Comment